Skip to main content

REVIEW OF OUR HELLFIRE PIZZA AND GRILL SET FOR WOODBURNING / MULTI FUEL STOVES VIA YOUTUBE !

We're posting this review of our HELLFIRE PIZZA COOKER AND GRILL SET as posted on Youtube by User Si Cotic. We're so glad they love our product as much as we do ! Only modifications we've done to it is added a few line breaks to make it easier to read :-)


HELLFIRE PIZZA COOKER AND GRILL SETS are available on our website www.naturalheating.co.uk and via our ebay shop

Looks like I'm the first comment 😃. I got a baked potato cooker for my stove last year from this company so given the fact how successful that was and that it was inexpensive I thought I'd give this pizza cooker a shot.

Welllllll......Mine arrived by carrier on Friday afternoon and all I can say is it's frickin fab! Box came with gloves, the unit itself and a pizza paddle (slidey thing for lifting them in and out). To be honest I don't know how they can do all the stuff for what it cost because the unit itself seems a well made robust bit of kit.

So here's how it went:

loaded the stove with a tonne of wood and left it to burn. In the meantime I (for the first time) made pizza dough. Instructions were fairly idiot proof, I just measured the required amounts, flung it in the mixer and let it go for 5-10 mins. You then take the mix out cut it into small golf ball size pieces and put them on a tray.I will warn you at this point in order to avoid it looking like the muppet show make sure everything is dry and you flour everything fairly substantially (roller, work surface, paddle). I kind of forgot this, so when I started to roll the dough out it stuck to the table, the roller, my hands, EVERYTHING. A bit of flour covering everything sorted it out and before you know it I was firing out pizza bases like a pro :)

By this time the stove was at a decent temperature and I put in the pizza cooker using the gloves. The g/f was in charge of toppings and holding the stove door open. Base was just tomato paste from a tube spread on with a spoon. Used a tonne of halved baby tomatoes, pre cooked chicken pieces (from a packet - because I'm lazy), jalapeños and a heap of cheese on. At this point we dumped it on the paddle and flung onto the pizza cooker. Pizza one was a disaster, mainly because we put waaaay too many toppings on and when I tried to shake it off the paddle half the pizza came off and toppings went all over the pizza cooker.

Reading the instructions again we found out less is more and only using a small amount of toppings and sprinkling of cheese is the secret. Our pizza now far lighter it slid on and off the paddle far more respectably.They weren't kidding about the speed, a pizza took between 1min 20secs -1min 50secs!

I had no sooner rolled one out on the table and put toppings on it than the next pizza was ready. I can safely say these pizzas we made were EASILY the best pizzas I've ever had. Not only was the base nice and crispy but it had a delicious woody smokey taste. Of the 15 balls of dough for each base we only managed 4 each (so had pizza on Sunday too as we just put the remaining 7 in the fridge).

Overall, possibly the best food related toy I have. It was lots of fun and easy to make, really fast, solid well made product and most importantly makes the most delicious pizzas we've had for practically nothing!Thoroughly recommend!



Comments