Skip to main content

Letter from 5th Feb About Catheral Stove

Hi to all the team.

I am writing to inform you of how delighted we are with our Cathedral woodburner.

We bought the stove in November 2009 to take to our holiday home in Brittany for Christmas and I had asked for it to be delivered to a local depot so that they could forklift it on to my trailer. When i checked the stove, after it had been placed onto the trailer, my first impression was of a very beautiful stove - so much better than the image on the website. I decided not to let my wife see it until it was installed !

After a very difficult journey, deepest snow in Brittany for many years, the fire was intalled and the first lighting was on Christmas day ! Not only is this stove beautiful to look at (either lit or not) and enhances the room but it also delivers in the heating department as well. It is also very heavy - it needed three of us my son and wife) to get it off the trailer and on to the hearth. Even my wife agreed that it was a beautiful stove - well she did when she managed to straighten her back and get breath back after the lifting !

After following the instructions on seasoning the cast iron, imagine my surprise when I achieved over-night burning without even really trying - the flue damper and air controls are vey efficient !

The Cathedral burner represents fantastic value when compared to the Huner Herald that we installed in another sitting room last Easter. Not only is it half the price, but it gives out so much more heat. If only I had bought the Cathedral first !!!!

Attached are wo pictures - before and after. In the second picture Oscar (the hot dog) gives the urner his seal of approval.

Regards, Stephen Grimshaw



Comments